Sika Fastfix All Weather Paving Jointing Compound - Flint
The Sika Fastfix All Weather Paving Jointing Compound is designed for precise pointing for paving, paths and patios. Designed to eliminate the chance of weeds growing, the Sika Fastfix acts as a natural barrier to preserve your paving as long as possible thanks to its 'Active Resin Technology' which improves durability and makes it even easier to apply; even in the rain and won't shrink or crack over time.
Suitable for use for a range of applications, Sika Fastfix can be used from just 20mm deep joints for footpaths, stone setts, cobbles and even Indian sandstone paving slabs. Contents are split into two bags to reduce waste and can even be store in water to be used at a later date.
- Can be applied in all weather
- Fills joints from just 20mm deep and over 5mm wide
- Acts as a natural barrier against weed growth
- Active resin technology for advanced durability and improved application
- Easy to apply
- Fast setting
- Indian sandstone
- Stone setts
- Paving blocks
- Driveways with light vehicle traffic
- Weight: 15KG
- Shelf life: 12 months from the date of manufacture in sealed unopened bags
- Storage conditions: Store in cool, dry conditions. Once opened use within 1 hour or store in the bucket, immersed in water, up to 1 month
- Yield: Approx. 21m2 with 450mm x 450mm paving using 5mm wide x 20mm deep joints
- Initial set time: 6-12 hours when above 15°C in dry conditions. If below this temperature and it is raining allow up to 5 days for a full set.
- Ensure the paving is installed as per watchpoints leaflet and all joints to be pointed with Sika® FastFix All Weather are free from standing water, dirt, debris or weeds. The dimensions of the joints must allow for full compaction of the material once applied. The minimum joint depth should be at least 20mm and the joint width 5mm.
- Thoroughly wet the entire area where Sika® FastFix All Weather is to be applied with water. This includes not only the joints but also the entire slabs. Allow any standing water to drain before Sika® FastFix All Weather is applied.
- Remove the product from the packaging and cut the foil pack. Once punctured or opened the material must be used within one hour. Any unused material can be stored in the bucket, immersed in water, for up to 1 month.
- Use Sika® FastFix All Weather in small manageable amounts. Avoid spreading over a large area before application. Ensure material is all loose by raking through. Do not try to break up and use any small set lumps. Do not add any extra sand.
- Using a soft broom, or hand brush for smaller areas, work Sika® FastFix All Weather into the joints. Make sure each joint is completely filled. If the freshly laid product is flooded, for instance due to rain, the setting period might be extended.
- Using a suitable pointing trowel make sure the freshly applied Sika® FastFix All Weather is thoroughly compacted within the joints. The process should also smoothen/flatten the surface to the desired level. The step of thorough compaction is essential.
- Sika® FastFix All Weather will start to set in 6-12 hours above 15°C in dry conditions. Allow up to 5 days for a full set in temperatures between 4°C and 15°C. Contact with rain or moisture can temporarily soften the product if wetted before a full set.